Our architectural team aims to provide a friendly and professional service. Our approach is based on carefully considering the particular aspects of each scheme before coming up with a creative way for our clients to instil their unique stamp on what we do and how we do it. Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) and Architects Registration Board (ARB).
Name and origin
One of the few borough names not to derive directly from ancient roots. Newham was formed in 1965 from East Ham and West Ham, the ‘new’ bit conjured up to declare that, yes, this political entity is new. The ‘ham’ part of the name indicates, in this case, low-laying land surrounded by marsh. [Londonist.com]
Newham planning department
You will probably need planning permission if you want to build something new, make a major change to your home – e.g. building an extension, or change the use of your property. There are different rules depending on what you want to do and the relevant planning policy that applies to your property. At GOAStudio London residential architecture we have a proud record of dealing with the local authority planners and building control inspectors and we are on hand to assist with your application and successfully handle every stage of your project.
For more information about the Newham planning department, policies and requirements please click the link below to be re-directed to the Newham Council website.
HOME DESIGN – Find a guide for ideas for your project.
- Side extensions London residential guide
- Rear extensions London residential guide
- Kitchen extensions London residential guide
- Roof extensions London residential guide
- Residential renovations London guide
- Mansard roof extensions London residential guide
- Contemporary extensions London residential guide
- Flat extensions London residential guide
- Garden flat extensions London residential guide
- House extensions London residential guide
ARCHITECT SERVICES – See what we can do for you.
We see ourselves as creative problem solvers who will deal with any construction, planning, and design matters relevant to your project.
Brooksby Street | N1 1HA | Islington
t: 0203 984 3005
e: [email protected]